Bantam Tools Desktop Milling Machines provide professional reliability and precision at an affordable price. Bantam Tools is exploring the frontier of professional desktop prototyping, fabrication, and manufacturing.
We empower our customers to make precision parts on the Bantam Tools Desktop PCB Milling Machine, saving them time and money. We open doors for them in terms of employment mobility and pathways to modern technical relevance through hands-on education.
Engineers use our products to fabricate their designs at the high speed of desktop iteration. Ultimately, we are building the future we want to see by empowering engineers and students with affordable, modern, professional-quality tools.
We are looking for a senior level mechanical engineer for development of exciting new consumer-oriented design tools. We're specifically looking for someone with experience in moving assemblies, high speed rotating assemblies, and design for manufacturing.
Bantam Tools is a NY-based hardware & software company that recently moved from California. We care about widespread public access to digital design and desktop manufacturing tools. We believe that hardware should be robust, software experiences should be seamless, and service is the foundation for meaningful customer relationships.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position would involve close collaboration with software developers, junior mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and a product manager.
Candidates have expertise in most or all of the following fields:
- A mechanical engineer with at least 5-6 years industry experience, who has led a manufacturing project from design through production, and shipped multiple products.
- Design of advanced rotary and linear motion systems that include: motors, sensors, drive and control electronics.
- Extreme familiarity with CNC machines and the current state of the art in CAD/CAM software
- Experience with high speed rotating assemblies, moving assemblies, and precision robotics.
- Use Fusion360 to produce and maintain: 3D solid modeling, finite element analysis, manufacturing and assembly drawings, and bills of material
- Guide team in building and testing prototypes of new designs
- Expert CAD skills (Fusion 360 or Solidworks preferred).
- DFM and FEA experience.
- HALT testing experience
- Ability to provide regular, comprehensive, and transparent updates on the status of the project, identifying technical risks and challenges, and proposing mitigation strategies.
- Has strong interpersonal and collaboration skills - the ability to work in a close-knit dynamic organization where colleagues wear several hats.
- Experience working in an agile development environment, with fast iteration and testing cycles.
- Experience making quick technical decisions with limited information.
- Fabrication experience – CNC mill/lathe, 3D printing, and basic shop tools (saws, grinders, etc.) as typically found in a makerspace or fablab.
- Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary design teams to ensure integration of all stakeholder inputs
- Ability to think creatively and analytically to develop comprehensive product solutions.
- Strong writing skills and experience documenting projects.
- Passion for quality, and a strong attention to detail & aesthetics.
- Excited about constantly learning new technologies.
- 5 years or greater experience designing mechanical products
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Portfolio of past projects
- Vendor contacts in the New York region.
- Experience setting up a manufacturing line.
- Management and mentoring experience.
This is a full-time position in Peekskill, NY.
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits.
Bantam Tools is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, marital status, or veteran status.
Please Apply by sending Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com