Sales hunter wanted. Extreme challenges certain. Honour and recognition in event of success.
Bantam Tools was recently acquired by 3D printing legend, Bre Pettis. We are now investing heavily in development and have exciting future plans that are going to blow the market wide open. We need someone to run our sales efforts. The desktop milling machine space is like the desktop 3D printing market of the early 2000’s - it is waiting to be dominated by the right product. We now have the product, THE marketing legend in this space, and the strategy to come out on top.
We primarily sell direct to professional engineers and university researchers and educators and have yet to tap the deep well that our product and future development unlocks. We are ready for the right person to join our team and lead the charge.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Sell Bantam Tools products direct to our customers.
- The successful candidate will be deeply familiar with, and have extensive contacts in, the 3D printing, CNC, or lab equipment industries.
- Pursue new channels familiar with desktop prototyping equipment.
- Drive profitable revenue growth to achieve or exceed Bantam Tools’ growth plan.
- Establish business relationships with new or prospective clients by evangelizing our product and the potential future of manufacturing.
- Meet sales targets consistent with business objectives.
- Assist with short and long-term product strategies, client sales strategies, and sales goals.
- Analyze sales to formulate and assist in pricing strategies to promote sales.
- Meet with clients to maintain relationships and negotiate/close deals.
- Review and oversee issuance of all specs for accuracy, completeness, quality, and compliance with customer requirements.
- Communicate with channel partners and provide direction on questions or changes to specs.
- Notify management of critical situations and recommend solutions.
- Understand the broader desktop manufacturing market.
- Recommend enhancements and material options to elevate the product line based on industry trends.
- Collaborate with customers to recommend new product features and offerings.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS
- A BA or BS degree with at least 3 years of Sales and Development experience; B2B experience is required.
- Excellent product sensibility and conceptual ability.
- Strong revenue generator with a history of success in sales or sales management, with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Solid understanding of selling to both business and higher education.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to source and aggressively pursue potential customers.
- Outstanding negotiation and closing skills.
- Detail orientation with excellent follow-up skills.
- Highly organized and able to react quickly with strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership.
- You will have the opportunity to develop and grow new business channels.
- You will earn a competitive base salary plus commission tied to gross sales.
- You will gain outstanding business experience with a proven dominator in 3D printing.
This is a full-time position, location is flexible. Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience, with benefits. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do what we do because we believe that the future of hardware is small-batch, ultra-customized, and on-demand. When we think about the future we see manufacturing and prototyping in a fully-distributed model, with large and small companies fabricating custom products locally and on demand. Our products put high-precision manufacturing capabilities in the hands of many people, often for the first time. We enable these people, saving them time and money, and we open doors for them in terms of employment mobility and pathways to modern technical relevance through hands-on education.
Bantam Tools is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, marital status, or veteran status.