Bantam Tools is a NY-based hardware & software company that recently moved from California. We care about widespread public access to digital design and desktop manufacturing tools. We believe that hardware should be robust, software experiences should be seamless, and service is the foundation for meaningful customer relationships.
Bantam Tools Desktop Milling Machines provide professional reliability and precision at an affordable price. Bantam Tools is exploring the frontier of professional desktop prototyping, fabrication, and manufacturing.
We empower our customers to make precision parts on the Bantam Tools Desktop PCB Milling Machine, saving them time and money. We open doors for them in terms of employment mobility and pathways to modern technical relevance through hands-on education.
Engineers use our products to fabricate their designs at the high speed of desktop iteration. Ultimately, we are building the future we want to see by empowering engineers and students with affordable, modern, professional-quality tools.
This role will be responsible for working with engineers to debug designs, assist with test development, manufacture, and assemble projects. Our products utilize a variety of materials and processes, and the Prototyping Technician will either be familiar and experienced with or be able to quickly get up to speed on material processing techniques.
The Prototyping Technician will work closely with the R&D team to learn our capabilities, help solve design and manufacturing issues, as well as develop tests and projects to showcase our product's capabilities. We move fast and are looking for a person who is passionate about finding the fastest, most efficient ways to go from CAD models to finished parts in real materials.
- Experience running 3 (or more)-axis milling equipment
- Inspection of machined parts with basic metrology equipment (gauge pins, micrometers, calipers, etc...)
- Demonstrate quality craftsmanship, with a desire to produce the best quality components possible
- Familiar and comfortable with hand tools
- Skills in CAD software and design
- Ability to interpret 2D drawings (GD&T)
- Ability to communicate timelines and expectations to multiple teams
- Attention to detail and aesthetics
- Excited about constantly learning new technologies
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- 2+ relevant years of experience in a prototyping environment with advanced CNC machine tools
- Engineering degree or 2 year Associates Degree in machining, engineering, or manufacturing
- Experience with Manual Mill and Lathe
- Skilled prototyper of electromechanical assemblies and familiar with typical shop tools
This is a full-time position in Peekskill, NY. Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience, with benefits.
We do what we do because we believe that the future of hardware is small-batch, ultra-customized, and on-demand. When we think about the future we see manufacturing and prototyping in a fully-distributed model, with large and small companies fabricating custom products locally and on demand. Our products put high-precision manufacturing capabilities in the hands of many people, often for the first time. We enable these people, saving them time and money, and we open doors for them in terms of employment mobility and pathways to modern technical relevance through hands-on education.
Bantam Tools is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or veteran status.
Please Apply by sending Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com