Bantam Tools is a Peekskill, NY-based hardware & software business. We care about widespread public access to digital design and desktop manufacturing tools. We believe that hardware should be robust, software experiences should be seamless, and community is the foundation for meaningful customer relationships.
We are seeking a collaborative, solutions-orientated self-starter to join our mission-driven team as an Operations Associate. The Operations Associate role straddles human resources with general warehouse operations. Day to Day your responsibilities may vary: Monday may be facilitating the delivery of large equipment into the office, Tuesday may be working without outside accountants to make sure our contractors are paid on time, Wednesday may be making sure our local and regional business licenses are up to date, Thursday may be organizing a team happy hour event, and Friday may be attending doing data entry into our CRM program. No task is too small, but each has a direct impact on our culture and business operations.
- Assist with making sure office is in peak productivity and efficiency and set up additional needed processes
- Help plan and schedule events, coordinate meetings, and manage small office projects
- Maintain regular scheduled emails for potential customers using Hubspot CRM
- Issue Quotes, Invoices, and process incoming Purchase Orders for Sales (some minimal client interaction, mostly internal tasks/emails)
- Manage Accounts Receivable
- Maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies, including restocking/ordering
- Open all incoming mail and distribute as needed
- Scan and file documents and invoices as needed
- Maintain office appearance and ensure office is clean and tidy (entire team does weekly office cleanup)
- Research needed permits and licenses and adherence to relevant regulations
- Coordinate detailed travel plans, as needed (flight/hotel/car rentals)
- 4-Year Degree or Equivalent Relevant Experience, Great Opportunity for New College Graduates
- Experience with day to day business and/or warehouse operations
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to be forward-thinking – you think of what’s coming next before it happens and you’re already prepared
- Top-Notch interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in meetings, phone, and over email
- Self-Starter; highly motivated and resourceful. Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to work through solutions when there is no obvious path.
- Strong judgement; Demonstrated ability to think and work independently to plan, prioritize, follow through, and track multiple work streams under deadlines in a semi-fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility, positive attitude, enthusiasm, and a willingness to help others.
- Interest, comfort, and strength in working in a small, dynamic organization.
- HR/Recruiting Experience
- P&L / Financial Modeling Experience
- Basic Sales Experience
- CNC, Machining, and/or Maker World Knowledge
This is a full-time position in Peekskill, NY. Compensation: $30,000-$40,000 per year (depending on experience), MacBook Air for Work Usage, 11 Paid Holidays, PTO, sick time, health, dental, vision benefits, commuter benefits
We do what we do because we believe that the future of hardware is small-batch, ultra-customized, and on-demand. When we think about the future, we see manufacturing and prototyping in a fully-distributed model, with large and small companies fabricating custom products locally and on demand. Our products put high-precision manufacturing capabilities in the hands of many people, often for the first time. We enable these people, saving them time and money, and we open doors for them in terms of employment mobility and pathways to modern technical relevance through hands-on education.
Bantam Tools is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or veteran status.
Please Apply by sending Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org