Bantam Tools Desktop Milling Machines provide professional reliability and precision at an affordable price. Bantam Tools is exploring the frontier of professional desktop prototyping, fabrication, and manufacturing.
We empower our customers to make precision parts on the Bantam Tools Desktop PCB Milling Machine, saving them time and money. We open doors for them in terms of employment mobility and pathways to modern technical relevance through hands-on education.
Engineers use our products to fabricate their designs at the high speed of desktop iteration. Ultimately, we are building the future we want to see by empowering engineers and students with affordable, modern, professional-quality tools.
We are looking for a software research engineer for development of exciting new consumer-oriented design tools. We're specifically looking for people with experience in 3D graphics/geometry/physics who are excited to fuel a revolution in the way people make things.
Bantam Tools will be shifting operations from California to Peekskill, NY in late 2018. The ideal applicant will be comfortable working in the NYC and Hudson Valley areas and be enthusiastic to set the standard and culture when we open our Peekskill HQ in the fall of 2018.
We are looking to hire a software engineer with experience in the design and implementation of computational geometry and/or path planning algorithms. Research experience in computational geometry, computer graphics, or a related field is ideal. The position would involve close collaboration with front end developers and mechanical engineers. In detail, we're looking for a person with expertise in some or all of the following fields:
- Solid geometry and mesh algorithms
- Linear algebra, geometry, graph theory, and other fun math
- CAD/CAM techniques
- Optimization methods like linear programming and conjugate gradient
- Game engine techniques like collision detection
- Physics simulation methods like rigid body, fluid, and particle techniques
- HCI techniques for assisting in the construction of multiple part assemblies
- Building physical structures with tools, computer controlled machines, and various materials
- Robotics techniques like kinematics and path planning
- Rendering techniques like shading and ray tracing
- Parallel and distributed algorithms
- GPU algorithms.
- Passion for quality, and a strong attention to detail & aesthetics
- Excited about constantly learning new technologies
- Comfortable writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Ability to optimize code for performance, experience with profiling
- Familiar with CNC machines and the current state of the art in CAD/CAM software
- 5 years or greater experience developing software
- BS in computer science, or equivalent
- Portfolio of past projects
This is a full-time position, in Peekskill, NY or remote, depending upon qualifications. The ideal applicant already lives in NY and would be willing to work in Peekskill, NY, with the possibility of visiting our CA offices before the move to work with our current R&D team.
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience, with benefits.
We do what we do because we believe that the future of hardware is small-batch, ultra-customized, and on-demand. When we think about the future we see manufacturing and prototyping in a fully-distributed model, with large and small companies fabricating custom products locally and on demand. Our products put high-precision manufacturing capabilities in the hands of many people, often for the first time. We enable these people, saving them time and money, and we open doors for them in terms of employment mobility and pathways to modern technical relevance through hands-on education.
Bantam Tools is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or veteran status.
Please Apply by sending Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org